Caring for an aging loved one is an admirable act. As a family caregiver, you willingly shoulder a lot of responsibilities to make sure that your loved one ages in happiness and comfort. However, you must also acknowledge that caregiving is stressful and draining. If you don’t, you’d find yourself burnt-out and unable to perform your caregiving duties effectively.
Remember, it’s okay to take a break sometimes. It allows you to destress and regain the energy you need to continue being an effective caregiver. But how do you know it’s time to get respite home care in Murfreesboro, Tennessee?
Here are tell-tale signs that you’re in need of respite care.
- You find yourself being more and more impatient and irritable.
- You find yourself feeling depressed and lonely.
- You find yourself making a lot more mistakes than you normally do.
- You find yourself believing that me-time is an unattainable luxury.
- You are sleep deprived or are suffering from insomnia.
Once you realize that you’ve been exhibiting one or more of these signs, it’s important to contact us at Attentive Home Care Solutions. We can help provide personal care and other high-quality services to your loved one while you take a much-needed break.